Friday, August 12, 2011

I am still here



I bet you thought that I fell off the face of the earth. Well, I am still here. What a year this has been. After my Dad came home from the hospital my Mom started going down hill. She was in and out of the hospital off and on for a month or more. She ended up staying the last time the Wednesday after Easter due to a fall in which she cut her arm so had to have stitches and she also has a real bad bladder infection. She never came home. She passed away on May 27th, 2011 the day that my Dad went to live with my brother and his wife. He had stage 4 liver cancer and couldn't stay alone any more. My Dad passed away the following week on June 4th, 2011. We had two funerals within two weeks. We then had the task of cleaning out the house which we finally got done and is up for sale. Hopefully we will sell it soon. I have been doing some stitching. I finished Winter White Santa and am working on Miriabilia's Rose of Sharon. I am doing quite well on her. Other than that not doing too much. Will have to get into sewing for the craft shows.







1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your parents, very sad. My mom also had a fall and broke her hip last year and this year had a stroke. After almost 6 months she is now home. She doesn't even look like the same person and its very hard to take some days. Your stitching is soo beautiful!! A lovely blog! Have a wonderful Christmas! Rosa.

    ReplyDelete